This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The graduate examination consists of the discussion, before a committee, of a written paper, also in English, on a topic in the field of mathematics.
The objective of the final exam is to test your ability:
- to produce and expound with clarity
You will be able to supplement your work (corresponding to 21 CFU) with internships and/or periods at research institutions or external companies interested in the topic of your thesis.
The dissertation examination includes two stages:
- a defense before a panel of experts
- a concise presentation of the dissertation (20 minutes) with answers to any questions.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
The final graduation grade is the sum (rounded):
- of the weighted average of the grades in hundredths (with specific facilities if you are an international mobility student)
- of the thesis evaluation, decided by the committee, usually between 0 and 6 points
To the committee's evaluation are added:
- the grade in thirtieths given by the Committee of Experts
- the written paper
- the oral presentation of the thesis
- 0.5 points (on the proposal of the thesis advisor) if you have done your thesis abroad (international mobility)
- 0.5 points if you have at least 3 praise
- 1 point if your work is considered excellent (possibly also for advanced mathematical content)
N.B If you have taken examinations under international mobility agreements, exceeding at least 50% of the CFUs indicated in the Learning Agreement, you can request exclusion from the calculation of the final average of the lowest grades, corresponding at most to 2/3 of the CFUs earned abroad.
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.
Honor may be awarded by unanimous opinion of the committee if you have earned a final score greater than or equal to 110/ 110.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.