This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The undergraduate examination consists of the discussion, before a committee, of an experimental thesis conducted under the guidance of a thesis advisor.
You can start the thesis once you have acquired 44 CFUs in your study plan and carry it out at:
- the research laboratories of the Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry at UniGe
- external, domestic or foreign facilities (universities, public or private laboratories or research organizations, public or private industries)
The development of your thesis should take about 7 months, corresponding to 38CFU.
Read the final paper regulations for more information.
To obtain the 2 CFUs necessary to graduate, you will have to write a paper and a seminar on the scientific premises related to your thesis topic and the developments you intend to pursue.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
Graduation grade will be calculated by summing:
- Weighted average on credits related to the two-year period and including supernumeraries; the average is expressed in hundredths
- Assessment of seminar activity: the committee expresses:
- the verbal presentation
- from 0 to 1 point for oral presentation (in terms of organization, exposition and answers to questions). This score will be added to the unrounded weighted average of the exams and the sum will be rounded down or up:
- up to ..., 499 down
- from ..., 500 in excess
- Evaluation of your resume: 1 point if you are graduating in progress
- Evaluation of thesis work: up to 6 points
- Award of praise: praise may be granted only if you achieve a score of at least 112/110. The decision must be decided by the committee unanimously.
- Premium award:
- 2 CFUs from the seminar paper
- 1 point if you are in course and have earned at least 12 CFUs abroad
- 2 CFUs from the seminar paper if you are out of course or have earned less than 12 CFUs abroad
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.
Honor may be awarded by unanimous opinion of the committee if you have achieved a final score greater than or equal to 110/ 110.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.