|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||SPS/07|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
TRAINING OBJECTIVES (detail)
a - Knowledge
- Learn the basics of the sociological approach to health and wellness;
- To know the main sociological orientations in the field of health and disease;
- To deepen the theme of active ageing
b - Application capabilities
- to acquire the basic tools to be able to deal with further insights in the field of social sciences;
- To learn to observe and understand the social reality in which they live as citizens and in which they work as health professionals.
c - Transversal competences
- To develop a personal and argumentative point of view on some relevant issues in the field of health sociology;
- Acquire the technical language typical of the discipline to communicate clearly and unambiguously with specialist and non-specialist interlocutors.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- understand the basic elements of the sociological approach to health and well-being;
- recognize the distinctive traits of sociology, understood not only as a scientific discipline, but also as an element of social culture;
- identify the distinctive traits and critical aspects of care relationships, with particular attention to the doctor-patient relationship;
- develop a critical analysis of the processes of generating social health inequalities;
- develop a personal and argumentative point of view on some relevant issues in the field of health sociology.
The course is delivered online with online assistance and in the presence of tutors who are experts in the subject. It is divided into modules consisting of video lessons, videos and slides. At the end of each teaching unit there is a self-assessment test, which aims to strengthen the key concepts through reflection on the content covered and facilitate the preparation for the final exam.
Seminars and in-depth exercises are planned.
The course includes three teaching modules, entirely online, and face-to-face meetings dedicated to the analysis of case studies.
The online activities are structured as follows:
FORM 1 ONLINE (Define interpersonal relationships)
Interaction in organizations
The interaction between peers
Conflict management in organisations
Interact with users
FORM 2 ONLINE (verbal and non-verbal communication)
The development of language skills, sign building and communicative intention
Areas of investigation of the psychology of communication
The kinesic system
The proxemics and haptic system
MODULE 3 ONLINE (Complexity of operator-patient-family interaction)
The conditions under which the interaction takes place
Meeting of personal experiences
The control of the communicative intention
Mature A., Sociology of the disease. An introduction, Milan, Franco Angeli, 2007
Giarelli G., Venneri E., Sociology of health and medicine. Manual for medical, health and social professions, Milan, Franco Angeli, 2010
Office hours: The student reception will take place, in the first semester, at DISFOR, Corso Andrea Podestà, 2, studio 3A9, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, by appointment by e-mail (email@example.com). In the second semester on Monday or Tuesday morning, at DISFOR, Corso Andrea Podestà, 2, studio 3A9, by appointment by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ELISABETTA GARBARINO (President)
MAURO PALUMBO (President)
ANNA SIRI (President)
FILIPPO ALLEGRETTI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Written examination (multiple-choice test and open-ended questions)
The successful learning is certified by the student's ability to master knowledge both by understanding its meaning and meaning from a sociological perspective, and by demonstrating that she/he knows how to productively associate and transfer it to the resolution of practical problems.
|28/09/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Orale||SEDE: Clinica Oculistica - V Piano|
|12/10/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Orale||SEDE: Clinica Oculistica - V Piano|
|08/02/2024||09:00||GENOVA||Orale||SEDE: Clinica Oculistica - V Piano|
|12/03/2024||09:00||GENOVA||Orale||SEDE: Clinica Oculistica - V Piano|
For assistance contact the teachers through the forum questions and answers of the instance dedicated to the course on the e-learning portal https://aulaweb.unige.it/.