This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The undergraduate examination consists of the discussion, before a committee, of a thesis prepared under the guidance of one or more rapporteurs. The rapporteurs must include at least one faculty member from the Polytechnic School and/or the relevant department.
The thesis consists of a monographic, applied, theoretical and/or experimental study of the topics developed in your degree program.
In writing the thesis you will have to demonstrate:
- your preparation
- to use sources and bibliography correctly
- knowledge of a language of the European Union, with technical-scientific terminology
- to have critical ability
- clarity in exposition.
You can write the thesis in English. However, in order to use another language of the European Union, you must ask for permission from the course council. In such cases, remember to accompany the paper with a title and ample summary in Italian.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
The graduation grade is expressed in one hundred and ten and is formed by the sum of two elements:
- the average of grades earned (weighted on course credits, without considering any supernumerary activities and praise) the increment assigned by the Committee:
- maximum of 3 points for the quality, completeness, and originality of the paper
- maximum of 3 points for the quality of the presentation of the exposition and mastery of the topic, also demonstrated by answering any questions from the committee
- 1 point for periods of study abroad and recognized by the course of study
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.
Honor may be awarded by unanimous opinion of the committee if you have achieved a final score greater than or equal to 110/ 110.
If you achieve at least 113/110 points, the committee could increase your score by 1/3 (for each honors you got), so that you could be awarded honors on your final grade.
The dignity of print is awarded to theses of special relevance and deserving of dissemination, regardless of your graduation grade.
This award is given both to theses:
- projectual, in case there are innovative technical or formal proposals
- of theoretical or experimental research, which have led to original contributions
In the case, the supervisor must inform the chair of the graduation committee in advance (at least one week) by attaching a thesis paper. The committee shall decide unanimously on the granting of the dignity of printing..
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.