Proposing teacher and tutor
Prof. Sara Rulli
The objective of the project is to enable a student or student to explore the topic of analyzing graphic and archival sources for the study of modern architecture within its context, urban and otherwise. Specifically, the proposed project will allow students to work on the reading of the graphic language, both historical and contemporary, of architecture, analyzing, together with the tutor teacher and in the various relevant locations (e.g. Genoa State Archives, Historical Archives of the Municipality, DOCSAI Center), archival documents, drawings, cartographies at the urban and territorial scale, photographs, projects and surveys, calculations and contracts; in this context, the reading of architectural drawing - plans, elevations, sections - will also be addressed, as well as the collection of a reasoned and updated reference bibliography useful for the history of architectural artifacts in the modern age (in the Genoese and non-Genoese sphere).
- Learn how to make the best use of graphic and documentary sources referring to modern architecture, including through the use of databases and digital archives found online
- Develop skills of analysis and critical reading of graphic and technical sources related to architecture in addition to knowledge related to their reproduction
- Acquire and use the terms of the technical language of the field
- Collaborate with the tutor lecturer in the compilation of a reasoned and up-to-date reference bibliography useful for the history of architectural and urban artifacts in the modern age.
- Update through participation in seminars and presentations.
- The research and studies carried out during the project, should the student so desire, may form the first part of a master's thesis having the tutor as supervisor and dedicated to an agreed case study.
The project is to be developed within the first six months from the start of the second academic year, with a possible submission by June 2024.