Skip to main content

Outgoing Erasmus+ traineeship

What is it?

Erasmus+ traineeship is an opportunity for students and graduates to carry out a traineeship at universities, public or private companies and training or research centres, in one of the mobility programme countries. The Erasmus+ traineeship provides a grant to successful students and graduates to help them make the most of the experience.

To participate

You can register for the programme if:

  • you are regularly enrolled at UniGe
  • you are enrolled in single educational activities aimed at admission to Master's degree courses (so-called bridging career)
  • you meet the admission prerequisites established by the foreign institution and by the individual UniGe teaching facilities at the time of application

How long

Your Erasmus can last between 2 and 12 months.

Have you already been on Erasmus?

As a UniGe student, you have the opportunity to undertake one or more Erasmus+ mobilities.

The period comprehensive reserved for mobility is different depending on the study cycle in which you are enrolled:

  • Cycle I - Bachelor degree: maximum 12 months (360 days)
  • cycle II - bachelor's/master's degree: maximum 12 months (360 days)
  • single-cycle master's degree: maximum 24 months (720 days)
  • cycle III - research doctorate, specialisation course, 2nd level master's degree: maximum 12 months (360 days)

Before applying, you should therefore check that the remaining period still available to you for further Erasmus+ mobility is at least 60 days.

For example, if in the same Bachelor's degree programme you have already carried out one Erasmus mobility for study purposes for 5 months and one for placement purposes for 5 months (for a total of 10 months), you may apply for and spend a maximum of 2 months abroad, regardless of the duration of the grant provided for in the call for applications.

Continue reading.

Manifest Destinations

Check the Erasmus Manifesto, in the Important Documents section of this page, to find the list of destinations.

Independently chosen destinations

You can also participate in Erasmus+ traineeships at a location of your choice. In this case you must:

  • identify the foreign location
  • identify a lecturer in your department to act as a contact person for the location
  • fill out the letter of intent and have it signed by the UniGe contact person and the foreign office. Remember that it must be attached to the application form. Read the instructions for completion carefully. You will find them, together with the letter of intent, in the Important Documents section of this page

The eligible locations are:

  • institutions of Higher Education holding an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education
  • any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in areas such as education, training and youth
  • a non-profit organisation, an association or an NGO
  • a body for vocational guidance, career counselling and information services

You cannot choose as a destination location:

  • EU institutions and other EU bodies including specialised agencies. The full list is available at
  • organisations managing EU programmes, such as National Agencies (to avoid possible conflicts of interest and/or double funding)

How to find an internship in Europe

To locate a venue yourself, platforms and sites are available including:

  • is the meeting place for internships and traineeships. If you would like to do an internship abroad, you can upload your profile online, search for internships and apply here. Visit the site to check what opportunities can offer you
  • Stage4You, the right place if you are looking for an internship in Europe

Important Documents

Below you will find all the documentation you need to participate in the Erasmus+ traineeship mobility programme.

Remember to send all documents in PDF format and not in image format.

How to participate

In the Important Documents section of this page, please refer carefully to:

  • the Call to find out how to register and participate
  • the Erasmus Manifesto, to check the prerequisites of your departmental group, and the requirements of the foreign university you would like to go to

Log in to online services and submit application

You will have to take a interview mandatory.

You will be excluded from the interview if you do not meet the minimum requirements set by your departmental area and, if applicable, by the foreign location of your interest.

You will be selected on the basis of:

  • your academic record
  • your language skills
  • your Erasmus aims
  • your personal motivations (e.g. your academic interests)

Information about the selection process, interview dates and location, etc., will be communicated exclusively online on the website of your course department.

Check whether your ranking list has been published.

If you are selected, accept the scholarship

Please read carefully the instructions, on the Online Services UniGe page, to sign the Erasmus+ agreement.

Verification of language skills

If you need a attestation of your level of proficiency in foreign language(s), you can contact the Language Skills Development Section and read the information posted on the page dedicated to Erasmus+ Outgoing students.

You can take a test of English and 1 other language according to the location of your interest (your choice of French, German and Spanish) and book the tests, according to the deadlines indicated in the dedicated section and published on the AulaWeb.


Test results are preferential evaluation elements for the purpose of your ranking. In fact, the Selection Boards may apply a reduction in your score if:

  • you have not taken the tests prepared by the Language Skills Development Sector
  • you have not attached any certification
  • to your application.

N.B. For any information about the tests please write to

Before leaving

Before leaving remember to:

  • check the deadlines and registration procedures, in case you have chosen one of the manifest destinations
  • check the validity of your identity card or passport. If expiring, arrange for renewal
  • check the procedures for entry and stay in the foreign country (read the relevant section of the notice)
  • check that you have a valid health card. Make sure with your ASL that you have health insurance coverage
  • enrol in language courses at the Language Competence Development Sector (ex CLAT), if assigned
  • fill out the Before the mobility part of the Learning Agreement, which you can find in the Important Documents section of this page (following the guidelines). This part must be signed by you, the chairperson of your CCS or Department Delegate and the person responsible at the foreign office. Once all the authorisations have been obtained, you will need to provide copies to the Erasmus staff at your Department/School
  • take the compulsory language examination Erasmus+ OLS

During Erasmus+

Upon your arrival

  • enrol at the foreign university or register with the host institution
  • within 5 days of your arrival have the certificate of arrival (Form A in the Important Documents section of this page) completed, stamped and signed by the foreign university or host institution and sent to the International Mobility Department

To modify the Learning Agreement

You have the option of amending the Learning Agreement, by filling out the During the mobility.This document must be signed by all parties involved.

To extend the stay

If you intend to extend your stay abroad beyond the duration provided for in the agreement, you must send to the International Mobility Department the request for authorisation (Annex B in the Important Documents section of this page) complete with a declaration of the foreign university's willingness to accept the Erasmus+ conditions for the new duration.

You must send your documentation at least 30 days before the end of the Erasmus period that you have signed up for.

Remember that the period abroad:

  • cannot last longer than 12 months (must end before 30 September of the year in question)
  • there may be no interruptions between the traineeship period already authorised and its extension (holidays and days when the host institute is closed are not to be considered as interruptions to the traineeship period)
  • you must justify the request for an extension by completing the During the mobility section of the Learning Agreement

You are about to return

Before returning to Italy, remember:

  • get a Certificate of Attendance from your host institution, which you can find in the Important Documents section of this page, and which must be sent by email to the UniGe International Mobility Department directly from the offices of your host institution - or hand it in yourself, in its original form, to the UniGe International Mobility Department on your return to Piazza della Nunziata 6, 2nd floor
  • Have the After the mobility part of the Learning Agreement filled in by the host institution. It must be forwarded to the Department or School Erasmus staff and, in copy, to the International Mobility Department

Frequently asked questions

Non è obbligatorio, ma ti consigliamo di accettare la borsa per intero. Dopo aver verificato l'offerta formativa della sede ospitante, potrai sottoscrivere l'accordo per l'erogazione della borsa per un numero di mesi inferiore, se necessario.

Sì, purché i due periodi non si sovrappongano. La somma delle due mobilità non dovrà comunque eccedere i 12 mesi massimi consentiti per anno accademico.

Il periodo da indicare nell'accettazione dovrebbe basarsi sulle date di inizio e fine delle lezioni. Potrai trovare queste informazioni sulla pagina web della sede ospitante.

Sì. Se la il periodo all'estero si svolgerà comunque nel semestre previsto, dovrai comunicare la nuova data all'Ufficio Mobilità Internazionale e allo sportello Erasmus di Scuola/Dipartimento. Se la mobilità si svolgerà in un semestre diverso ti consigliamo di verificare la validità del Learning Agreement e dell'Application Form eventualmente già compilati.


Le commissioni, pur tenendo conto delle preferenze espresse nella domanda di candidatura, ti assegnano la sede ritenuta più opportuna in base all'offerta formativa e alle tue competenze (anche linguistiche).

No, la sede assegnata è definitiva. La commissione può valutare un cambio di destinazione solo:

  • nel caso di importanti variazioni dell’offerta formativa che non ti consentano di svolgere l'attività didattica
  • nel caso di rifiuto della sede ospitante

Gli sportelli Erasmus di Scuola/Dipartimento inviano il tuo nominativo alle Università partner. Devi:

  1. completare sul sito web dell'Università ospitante le procedure di iscrizione
  2. verificare le scadenze dell'Application Form
  3. verificare le scadenze di invio del Learning Agreement e di eventuali altre procedure da completare prima della partenza

Dovrai informarti presso le Ambasciate/Consolati del paese di destinazione per vedere se è richiesto un visto di ingresso.

Se sei uno studente non comunitario, per poter sottoscrivere l'accordo, devi avere un permesso di soggiorno italiano valido per l'intera durata della mobilità. L'Ufficio SASS fornisce assistenza sia nella richiesta dei visti che nel rinnovo del permesso di soggiorno.

Sì, perché solo con la firma del responsabile UniGe e l'approvazione della sede ospitante sarai autorizzato a studiare all'estero.

Trovi la lista completa dei documenti necessari nella pagina dei ServiziOnline di UniGe.

Riceverai le credenziali all'indirizzo e-mail istituzionale ( una volta sottoscritto l'accordo.


  • accedere alla piattaforma OLS ed effettuare il primo test obbligatorio
  • inviare, appena partito, il Modulo A compilato a

Una volta all'estero potrai:

  • richiedere un eventuale prolungamento
  • effettuare modifiche al Learning Agreement

No. Una volta laureato non potrai riprendere l'Erasmus.

Sì, il test iniziale e finale sono obbligatori e ti consigliamo fortemente di frequentare il corso.

Se nel test iniziale hai ottenuto il risultato C2, non devi sostenere il test finale.

Dovrai immatricolarti e inviare a il modulo A (che trovi nella sezione Documenti importanti di questa pagina) compilato.

Sì, dovrai compilare il modulo B e seguire le istruzioni pubblicate nel Kit dello Studente, che trovi nella sezione Documenti importanti di questa pagina.

Sì, ma ricorda che il periodo minimo è di 90 giorni e che i periodi inferiori a 3 mesi non potranno essere riconosciuti o finanziati.

A fine Erasmus, per avere il riconoscimento accademico ed economico, è necessario che tu richieda all'Università ospitante la compilazione del:

  • Certificate of Attendance (che trovi nella sezione Documenti importanti di questa pagina)
  • Transcript of Records con gli esami sostenuti e i relativi voti

N.B. La consegna dei documenti finali e il secondo test OLS sono obbligatori per ricevere il saldo della borsa. Se non completerai le procedure richieste, dovrai restituire la borsa già assegnata.

Dovrai consegnare il Certificate of Attendance in originale all'Ufficio Mobilità Internazionale entro 30 giorni dal rientro. Il Transcript of Records invece va consegnato allo sportello Erasmus di Scuola/Dipartimento nel caso non fosse già stato inviato dalla sede ospitante.

Dopo la consegna dei documenti finali riceverai, sulla e-mail istituzionale (, le istruzioni per completare l'EU Survey, il report obbligatorio per ricevere il saldo della borsa.

N.B. Se non completi tutte le procedure dovrai restituire la borsa già percepita.