This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
To be admitted to the final examination, you must have regularly attended the educational activities and earned the credits required by the regulations.
The final examination consists of the discussion, before a committee, of a research topic within the scope of one of the teachings of your course of study and agreed with a supervisor, who will guide you in the work.
The paper involves the acquisition of 6 CFU, must not exceed 40.000 characters (including bibliography and notes) and may consist of:
- a collection of materials or data and a report on the work done
- a journal entry
- an annotated bibliography
- an essay
- an extended review
You will have to present your work in Italian and in one of your two chosen languages of specialization.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate student you must:
- Deposit the title of your thesis
- Choose the graduation session
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- Fill out the Degree Application online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill out the questionnaire of your degree.
- Check that you are current with payment of fees
- Pay the stamp duty of €16 for the issuance of the Graduate Diploma (payable through the online services-payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, you will instead need to check that everything is registered online.
If you encounter any problems in your career contact the Student Secretariat of the School of Humanities in Via Balbi, 4.
N.B. Slippage of graduation application from one session to another does not happen automatically. You must therefore make a request at the Student Desk.
In case of graduation application not approved online by the Lecturer, you have to transmit via email the paper signed by the Lecturer.
Thesis title deposit
Delivery of the thesis and digital paper
By the deadlines indicated below, you will need to deliver:
- to the thesis advisor and co-rapporteur a copy (bound with a clear or spiral binding) of a 30,000/40.000 keystrokes (approximately 15/20 pages) signed by you on the title page
- to the Education Support office of the department (email@example.com) the declaration regarding the successful delivery and authenticity of the final paper signed by the candidate, Rapporteur and Correlator.
The graduation grade is expressed in hundredths and is awarded by the committee taking into account:
- your written paper and its discussion, with a maximum score of 7 points:
- maximum 4 for the paper
- maximum 3 for your language proficiency
- of your average exam grade
The committee may add:
- 2 points if you have acquired at least 12 CFUs during a study abroad period
- 1 point if you are graduating in progress (by the last useful session of your third year)
When the score reaches (or exceeds) 110, the committee unanimously may award the lode upon the proposal of the lecturer.
N.B.You can graduate only if you have scored no less than 66 points out of 110.
Instructions for processing presentations
For your presentation use one of the following formats:
- PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
- PPT (Microsoft Power Point 97/2000/XP/2003)
- PPTX (PowerPoint 2007)
- ODP (OpenOffice Impress)
If you want to insert videos from DVDs or other within your slides remember that the proper process is as follows:
Insert an archived video into your personal PC:
- Click on the slide in which you want to add the video
- Click on Insert and choose Video and then Video in personal PC
- Select the video and click on Insert.
Insert a link to a video stored in the personal PC:
- Click on the slide where you want to add the video
- Click on Insert and choose Video and then on Video in Personal PC
- Click on the file to link
- Click on the arrow next to the Insert button and then on Link to File.
Tip: To avoid problems with broken links, we recommend that you copy the videos you use to the same folder as the presentation before linking them.
VIDEO SHEET VIDEO SHEETINGS
The video player installed on UniGe's computer is VLC, which can read most formats thanks to its native Audio and Video codecs.
To add subtitles to the video you can follow two steps:
- insert the video and subtitle file in the same folder and with the same name (eg, XYZ.avi and XYZ.srt). After that, opening the movie, the subtitles will appear automatically
- open the video with VLC and drag the subtitle file to the program interface. These will automatically synchronize
In case the subtitles are not synchronized with the video, from the application menu go to Tools > Synchronization track. From the window that will open you will be able to adjust the advance of the audio relative to the video, that of the subtitles and their speed.
Graduation photo shoot
Photographers Group 3
8 euros per photo including VAT
(print size 20-25, 20-30 + Cd)
N.B. Read the regulations of the accreditation procedure for conducting photographic and/or audiovisual filming activities inside university buildings (effective 06/28/2013).
Ritiro della pergamena di laurea
Il ritiro delle pergamene di Laurea, Laurea magistrale, di Dottorato e di Specializzazione per tutte le scuole avviene presso gli spazi "UniGe World" in Via Balbi 40-42 rosso - piano terra (di fronte a via Balbi 5).
Orari: martedì e giovedì dalle ore 9.00 alle ore 13.00 solo su appuntamento, prenotando sulla pagina apposita per la consegna delle pergamene.
I delegati dovranno presentare copia cartacea della delega sottoscritta e fotocopia del documento di identità del delegante